Store not available

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finally Back in the Studio

Now that I am finally finished with the play I was co-directing and have put away most of the costumes I loaned out I have spent the past weekend working on rugs again.

Yesterday I spent 9 hours sewing rags and weaving. I was working for the most part on a batch of shirts that I had cut up a few months ago. I love hit or miss rugs, but they are way labor intensive. It took most of the day to get that batch of rags sewed up. I keep pieces as short as 5 inches because I hate to waste anything, but it does take time.

today I did a little more sewing and more weaving. I have a total of 5 rugs finished now and am tying fringe tonight. Feels good to be back in the saddle again. Need to get some product finished for my summer art and craft fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment